Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Bumble Bee Art

Three fleeting touchdowns on the deck table resulted in a work of art by a bumble bee taking advantage of Georgia's extreme spring pollen cover.














I lucked into seeing the artist at work through the kitchen window, a gift entirely unbidden. While I've learned to expect the unexpected in my longsitting sessions, I'm especially delighted by spontaneous noticings like this one, not actively sought. I was simply having a moment of zen over coffee at the kitchen window.

One slow fly-over with three sweeping drops onto the pollen ridden tabletop. Must have been pollen nirvana for a bee, but she looked for all the world like an artist deliberately applying brush strokes to her canvas. Behold, the art she left in her wake.  ~dkm














p.s. Photographed and written on March 30, 2019. Technical difficulties caused my late posting, hence the seeming wrong time for pollen season.  Pollen's all gone by now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is wonderful! Think how puzzled you'd have been if you hadn't seen the artist in action. I for one would never have looked at the evidence and thought, "ah, obviously a bumblebee at work here."

dkm said...

Dear "Unknown,"
Thanks for your comment. I don't get very many :-). Like you, I would never have noticed if I hadn't seen it happen Would have hosed the table down and remarked on the heavy pollen, and nothing more.
Would love for you to identify yourself!
dkm