Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lesson From the Sun at the Bay

I don't want to die just yet. I'd like a lot more morning hugs from M, and I'd like to know H has found the love of her life, and to thank T for so loving S, and to see S get the chance to pursue her art. I'd like to watch my grandchildren grow up to find loves and passions of their own, and I'd like to see The Wayback Letters through to being published.

But if I had to, I could let go without too much disappointment, having had those fourteen days at the bay. They taught me that every day brings a glorious gift if you only pay attention to it, and that it's not so bad turning sixty.

If I'm lucky enough to live to be 100, as I hope to be, by healthy attempts at living well, I still have forty years worth of daily gifts to look forward to---now that I've learned how to receive them. Thanks be to the light of the sun. dkm

No comments: