Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why the wrong dates?

These dates are off, since I've been traveling and have not had internet access. They correspond to the date I copied entry from travel log into blog after return from trips---not the actual date of observation. Will add a few each day till caught up to real time.

Should also note that recent observations were not made in my backyard---but at Lake Junaluska in South Carolina, and on the East Bay in Gulf Breeze, Florida, where I have had two long solitary writing retreats to work on 7th draft of current manuscript.

Thanks to the kindness of friends, who have loaned me their quiet places, and husband, who encouraged me to do it, I've had the unmatched gift of 16 days of solitude in which to immerse myself in problem solving with WL manuscript, slow thinking, writing, re-writing, yoga, deep breathing, and observation of nature.

The title of this entry reminds me of Moe's joke: A horse goes into a bar. Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

No comments: